Friday, May 15, 2009

The BLaHs

"I have a case of the Friday afternoon Blahs"
I announced to the world at large. Or Milo. Who was busily climbing over everything in sight, stationary or not.

It was 5 o'clock on a Friday evening.
We had no plans, and no real desire to DO anything. The sky was gray. Friends were busy, family was boring. We had watched every single Curious George episode on our blessed (oh lord almighty, I love that thing!) DVR.

What to do? What to do?
"I have the cure!"
I squealed, scooping up my delicious bundle who was teetering precariously on our Less-than-safe-even-when-your-SITTING-on-it Chair.

"We will" -pause for cheek, tummy and neck nibbles on said delectable bundle- "rent a movie, make pizza and watch our movie inahomemadeFORT!
My words jumbled together, I was that excited.

He stared at me, wide-eyed.
"Piiiiiitttta??"

"YES DARLING BOY! PIZZZZZA! AND MOVIES! AND FORTS!!! OH MY!!"
[oh my! i'm astounded by my brilliance! my ability to remedy even the worst case of the BLAHS!]

And so off we whisked, nearly leaving the house without milo's pants in our hasty excitement, to the video store and the grocery, returning home breathless and chanting...

"PIIIITTA, MOOOOBIE, TENT!"

[could any young boy be more excited? i think not]

and that is EXACTLY what we did.

The perfect cure for the Friday Night Blahs.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hilarious, I LOVE it!! I can just see Milo freaking out! YAY!