Monday, May 25, 2009

twenty.one

Milo, today you are twenty-one months.
I cannot believe it.
Cliche, but it seems like yesterday that I found out I was pregnant (in the bathroom of a gas station), and even more recently that you were born, all angry and red and cone-headed (probably the source of all that anger!).

I have loved every single second of being your mother, from the middle of the night nursing sessions to recently, as I watch you grow and learn more every second. I love that you are becoming such a sweet, caring, smart little boy. Gosh, you are smart! I love taking you out and showing you off. You make me so proud and I love you so much. :-)

Right now, you're really into buses. We sit in our front yard every day and watch for buses. You "count" them (two, three, two, three) as they drive by. Later, when I ask how many we saw, you emphatically shout "TWO" while holding up five fingers. Love it.

You're also a HUUUUUGE Curious George fan. You're my little curious monkey and you love to explore and discover. I try my best to let you, as long as you're safe. I want you to learn all about this big world around and not to be afraid of it.

Other favorites right now are bees, balls (always), especially baseball and playing catch, watching for planes, digging in the dirt, cuddling Jumpy, and your Nuk (only for naps and bed still....but you look so cute with it in...I can't help it)

You have entered into a bit of a....independent (shall we say??) phase. This includes spitting, hitting or shrieking when you don't get your way. This results in a time out. I hate when you cry, but I need you to know that these are not acceptable. I know you'll grow out of this phase soon, and into a new one :)

Milo, you are the best little boy and I'm one proud mommy! I can't wait to spend 21 (and more!!) YEARS as your mommy.
may 18, 2009

Love you, Bubby.

- momma





1 comment:

Sarah said...

Aww, so sweet! Love you too Milo~