Wednesday, November 26, 2008

For you, Mom :-)



So I realized something kinda funny this morning. Not funny in a laugh-out-loud kind of way, but funny in a hmm...strange how my brain works kind of way. :-)

I associate the smell of cleaning supplies with my mom.

My mom always kept (and still does keep) our house so clean. Friends were always impressed when they came over with how clean our house was. I never realized what a HUGE undertaking this is until I had a house of my own
(and seriously....how hard is it to PICK UP YOUR SHOES?!?) :-P

So, someday, when my mom is gone (not for a loooong time, hopefully) the smell of Clorox toilet cleaner will most likely make me weep. :-)

What strange smell associations do you guys have??? C'mon...I KNOW I'm not the only one.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That's so funny! Well, there's always people's colognes. I can still remember the smell of my grandpa's basement from when I was about 10 or so. Cold winter air has a specific smell. Cinnamon will always smell like the holidays. There are a few handsoaps and dish soaps that will remind me of our first apartment in Hawaii. Hmm..that is strange :)